All this talk about Jonathan Joseph is great. But I think many of us are missing a brilliant bar room conversation opportunity. The most wonderful thing about JJ is not his mesmerising soft shoe shuffle or even his winning smile, it’s the fact that surely he makes it in to this World XV. The best team that ever played, who have first names as surnames. Well done Mr Joseph, it’s an illustrious group. And no, Rob Andrew doesn’t get in.
The Rules – 1) They must be genuine first names, Zinzan Brooke only just gets in and George North doesn’t – thanks though Kanye! 2) They must have played in that position 3) We can’t have anyone with the same name in the team, for instance if we have Paul James we can’t have Butch James etc.
I’m struggling in places – any help gratefully received! This selection is not set in stone, we can change personnel. I will credit you with the inclusion.
15. Carlos Spencer
14. Gareth Thomas (or Daffyd James – Rich Wadrup via WordPress)
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Mark Ella
11. Matt Jess (Rich Church Keen via Twitter @RichC_K) Sinoti Sinoti !! (via @gallagherbren)
10. Barry John
9. David Kirk
1. Jason Leonard (Rob Anderson via WordPress)
2. Anton Oliver (James Tennant via Twitter @_jameslt) or Jamie George (Rich Church Keen via Twitter @RichC_K)
3. Samson Lee (Rich Wadrup via WordPress)
4. Chris Jack
5. Scott Murray
6. John Jeffery or Clem Thomas (Brendan Gallagher via Twitter @gallagherbren) or Dai Morris (Phil Roberts via WordPress)
7. Tom David
8. Zinzan Brooke
Sam Roberts © 2015. (Text only). All Rights Reserved.